Monday, February 26, 2024

Tobot GD King Titan V

 Normally I don't cover Kids toys even if it is mecha unless they have some particular nostalgic value. But this one is an exception because this Mecha's existence is the main reason I spare no effort to look for Super Big Rescue, a vintage robot which is probably the base model of this thing. Apparently this mecha called Titan V is a combiner mecha that came from a Korean cartoon series called Tobot which aired in 2010s and apparently had their toys as one of the best selling in South Korea at some point. 

From what I can gathered, Titan V is a powerful combiner robo consisted of 3 Vehicle Mecha called Tachyon, Wild Jeep and Jet Thunder that possess different qualities and armed with Titan Sword as their main weapon in combiner for. Even if the aesthetics differs significantly from Super Big Rescue, you can easily tell that Titan V is heavily inspired from the 80s Vintage toys implying the mecha designer probably exposed to Super Big Rescue when he was a kid. From the Individual Unit Color and Combiner positioning alone, you can tell close resemblance as Tobot V is made from Blue Bulky mech as the leg, Red Car as the Arms and White Plane as the head.

Apparently there are 2 versions of Titan V Toys available for purchase which I encountered the smaller one. I am quite surprised that the regular version of Titan V do fetch for 100 USD above which just show that Tobot series popular enough to charge their product to that extent. Where as you can get some quite decent bang of your buck already with Bandai or Chinese toy manufacturer. I any case I am quite thankful for Titan V's help to reconnect me with my childhood and I hope Tobot series could bring more kids to become a future mecha fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment