Wednesday, June 30, 2010

1/72 YF-19 & YF-21 Review


Hasegawa is really good in making Aircraft models.

I had made these Aircrafts few months ago already and my experience was not that good that time, however it gives me good impression with kits from Hasegawa especially YF-19 which has really good details.

Personally Macross Plus is the best macross series in my opinion since the Song, Dogfight and Love triangle are well made which i consider the series is the most balanced one in these departments. I begin to be interested with this series when i played Another Century Episode 3 which is really awesome and i would recommend any mecha fans to play that game. This game also make Information high as my most favorite Macross song(if not probably Fire Bombers will be my favorite).


YF-19 is the prototype version of VF-19 which compete with YF-21 for becoming next UN Spacy's main VF, the design is really awesome indeed.


I tried my best to paint the cockpit and i am pretty content with the result.


YF-19 is as proportional with most Variable fighters, though VF-1 are a bit smaller compared to them.


YF-21 is my personal favorite Variable fighters and i prefer it compared to YF-19. Too bad that i messed up too much with the kit which makes YF-19 look better compared to it.


the cockpit is shadowed so you can't really see the pilot inside it, though there is pilot figure inside the cockpit. I wished my modelling skill was better at that time so that i can make this plane look more beautiful.


Despite the YF-21 lose the competition with the YF-19, later the manufacture version of it which is known as VF-22S Sturmvogel will be used by Elite Pilots like Maximillian Jenius and Millia Jenius.


If you are macross fan try to grab one of these kits if you had enough experience, it is not that hard to make this kit despite it is level 3 since you don't need to paint so much, though you have to be able to handle Waterslide decals.

I wish there are transformable 1/72 VF-22S Sturmvogel since 1/60 is too big for me -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment