Sunday, January 1, 2012

Realm of Darkness 2011 Yearly Review


Overall thoughts of the year and some to-do list for 2012.

First of all i have to say Happy New Year and hope fellow readers have learned something from last year and found their aspirations for 2012. the time flow pretty fast for sure and by the end of the year i have managed to accomplish plenty of my targets which i will discuss in this blog along with my new targets for this blog.


At First i created this blog one and half year ago aspiring for making my personal log of my exploration in Mecha series as a whole and trying to raise some awareness for Mecha series that deserves more popularity. Probably Super Robot Wars series is the best media for this task and i am even introduced with plenty of great series myself. Last year i managed to reach this target really well with significant increase of visitors which i consider to be great enough for my purpose.


In 2011 probably my greatest achievement is marathoning couple of SRW games resulting in completion of 7 of the series starting from Alpha 3 until Judgement which recently i managed to finish my final 4th run and here is the list of the 7 SRW titles that i finished:
  • SRW Alpha 3
  • SRW Original Generations(OGs1)
  • SRW MX
  • SRW Z
  • SRW Z2 Hakai Hen
  • SRW A Portable 
  • SRW J
 I really learned plenty of stuff from this marathon and just like i said before it gets me really interested with couple of Mecha series which are included to my watch list this year. Out of all SRW games that i finished last year probably my personal favorite is SRW MX which have the best Theme Remix in all SRW games that i played but i will say SRW Z had the best current gameplay.


Out of various mecha series that i encountered the best one i seen last year is Muv-Luv which is really fun going through the VN especially Alternative. This is because this series had one of the more refreshing Mecha Design and had rather great action for a Visual Novel. I strongly recommend fellow mecha fans to get into this series which probably getting easier as Total Eclipse anime is highly likely to be airing this year along with a new Muvluv Chronicle. Apart from Muvluv i also finished watching Tekkaman Blade and Zeorymer which have plenty of flaws but a worthy ride throughout the end. Near the end of the year i finished Macross Frontier movies which change my former perception toward Frontier which was negative and i also finished Break Blade Movie as well which is a good supplemental material for the original manga.




Apart from my increase of knowledge in Mechaverse, 2011 also marked significant improvement in my modelling skill compared to 2010 especially in Spray Painting. Early on i tend to build lots of SRW kits partly influenced by my Marathon on SRW which i managed to complete my 1/100 SRW kit collection and gather most of the kit that i want. On July i participated BKMWC while i didn't win i learned really good experience and aspires me to try even harder. In later half of the year i tend to build more Gunpla though i built less due to my College life demands lots of my time but by the end of the year i managed to assembly my MG Delta Plus with Gold Color. By the end of the year i came upon realization that i need Airbrush soon or later which makes me plan to get one soon.


As for my target for this year i hope my blog can reach 150k hits by the end of the year and hopefully i can write even better articles compared to last year. I also already finished my watchlist for mecha series this year which i could finish half of them at least and they are:
  • Metal Armor Dragonar
  • SPT Blue Comet Layzner
  • Fang of the Sun Dougram
  • Gravion
  • Dancouga Nova
  • Zeta Gundam
  • V Gundam
  • Brave Police J-Decker
I also having some kits on my sight and probably i will be building more Gunpla than Non Gunpla kit this year but that may change throught the year. These are the kits that are in my get list for now and hope it doesn't grow too big:
  • MG Aile Strike Gundam
  • MG Unicorn Gundam OVA version
  • MG Zeta Gundam Ver 2.0
  • MG Gundam F91
  • 1/144 Brasta
  • Non Scale Shiranui UN version
as a closure for this post i hope we will have great times as well in 2012 and i hop Japanese Yen would not be too expensive.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the support and I wish you all a even better year this year with blooming toy collection. Toast to 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dennis! i hope the same thing goes for you too!

    ReplyDelete