Monday, October 31, 2016

Funko POP! Cthulhu Review


 Happy Halloween! and as part of the celebration i will be doing couple reviews in the spirit of Halloween and this is the first part. I don't really collect Funko since they are too expensive to collect outside USA but i do make exceptions for some including Cthulhu. There were two versions of POP! for Cthulhu and i happen to purchase both version during my trip in Singapore. Apparently the cranky version of Cthulhu is supposed to be glow in dark but mine doesn't really work





In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

  The first time i really got exposed to Cthulhu Mythos is when i played my first run of Arkham Horror years ago and got hooked instantly afterwards. Cthulhu is the most well known creature from Lovecraftian Horror because of its distinct Winged Humanoid appearance topped with Octopus Head and one doesn't simply face this guy since a single mean look from him will make you die from insanity. In the lore he is introduced as gigantic alien creature who is sleeping under his sunken city R'lyeh in Pacific Ocean. He had fishmen creatures called Deep Ones do his bidding and they had significant colony in a rural American fishing village called Innsmouth from the unholy interspecies mating between the creature and human. Apparently Cthulhu is powerful enough that he is capable of destroying earth when he is fully awakened but for now he will dream until the day comes.


 Cthulhu: ZZZZZ
 Nyaruko: Taste my space CQC >:)

Cthulhu: Are you trying to disturb my sleep Nyarlathotep?!
Nyaruko: Nope, Nothing~~~ :P

  In my opinion POP! doesn't really worth $20 pricetag but my admiration toward Cthulhu mythos warrant me to get some for Cthulhu since they are the most decent looking and accessible version of this guy. What makes Cthulhu Mythos appealing for me is the potential of the genre to bring out the greatest amount of despair which is important for horror in my opinion considering one does not simply face Cosmic Horror. During Halloween after more than 3 years getting into the hobby, i think playing Boardgame is the best way to celebrate since there are tons of quality Halloween materials in this medium and here is my playlist for this year.


1 comment:

  1. Funko POP are abundantly available in Singapore. I didn't dare collect cos there so many designs. They are really cute though. I hope u enjoyed your stay in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete