A few months ago, I finally found the time to crack open one of my larger Chinese model kits and give it a straightforward snap build. Hemoxian remains one of the best-value Chinese model kit brands I've come across, especially from the era when the RMB exchange rate was around 20% more favorable than it is today. Combined with the industry's subsidies at the time, they were able to deliver impressively high-quality kits at very affordable prices.
I picked up this copy for just USD 30, which feels like an absolute bargain in hindsight. A kit of this quality would easily cost around USD 50 today. Overall, Tastier's Lone Shadow is an excellent cyborg mercenary model kit, featuring a striking design, several fun gimmicks, and an elaborate display stand that adds plenty of character to the finished build.
For now the review will be a straight build thus the poses will be limited. However this is one of the model kit that I will look forward to give a proper paint job.
I probably won't continue collecting the series unless a future design really catches my eye, partly because my backlog keeps growing and partly because the stronger RMB has made these kits noticeably more expensive. Still, I'm more than happy to look forward to work on Lone Shadow in my collection.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment