Sunday, October 4, 2026

Mecharashi - Chapter X Clear Milestone Report

It has been about four months since I reached the final Permit Rank in Mecharashi, which subsequently unlocked the final level cap for my account. Back then, I thought everything would be smooth sailing after clearing so many absurd hurdles that Mecharashi had presented in the way of player progression.

Turns out, I was in for a rude awakening.










Mecharashi Main Story Chapter X essentially serves as a fresh start for the main characters after they help resolve one of the major conflicts within the ruling power of Milkhama, a conflict they became entangled in due to the protagonist's origins and his encounter with a legendary ace pilot.

While the most pressing tension has been resolved, peace does not easily return to Milkhama. The protagonists soon find themselves caught up in another looming conflict, this time involving clashes between mercenary groups across Milkhama.



Back when I finally cleared the absurd challenge required to proceed to Main Story Chapter X, I thought the challenges presented by Mecharashi would finally become less ridiculous.

Turns out, I was wrong.

Instead, I was presented with another set of grinding obstacles that I had to clear before I could make any meaningful progress. This took roughly two months of mindless grinding before I could finally begin the real groundwork. I think this process could have taken significantly less time if I had not squandered my Bionic Superconductors earlier.

The worst part of the challenges presented in Chapter X would easily be the Elite Battles. The early stages, such as 9-1 and 9-3, pit you against Mobile Armor enemies with heavily inflated stats, making them an absolute nightmare to fight with the units and resources available when you first begin Chapter X.

The other major constraint is the Lv. 70 Clearance Ops, where you have to defeat a complete gauntlet of four bosses in order to gain access to stages that drop materials required for Signature Weapon crafting. So far, I have managed to take down three of the bosses, but I have yet to complete the entire set. Perhaps I will reattempt the stage once my units are better equipped.





Upon finishing Chapter 9, you unlock the R&D feature, which gives you three separate Tech Trees to grind through. By the time I finished Chapter X, I had reached the furthest point that the current progression system could offer which is about 1/3 of overall tech tree.

Ironically, clearing the Main Story stages in Chapter X was arguably less absurd than what Chapter 9 had put me through. At this point, the real challenge has shifted from simply clearing the story to building up my account and tackling the remaining endgame content.

The MVPs of this chapter would easily be Kelly and the recently released Rosa Judgment. Both have more than proven their worth after the investment I poured into them, living up to their reputation and becoming some of the most valuable assets in my roster.

As for the main leaderboards, I am nowhere near the top of any category. However, I am happy enough to have climbed roughly 500 ranks in the Total Firepower category. I expect this number to rise rapidly once I clear the remaining content that Mecharashi has to offer.

That, however, appears to be a gargantuan task in itself.

Yet, it is a challenge I am willing to accept at this point.

I think completing Chapter X represents a significant turning point in my one-year journey with Mecharashi.

Despite absolutely loathing the absurd challenges presented in certain segments of the game, particularly those that gatekeep progression far more than necessary, reaching this milestone has strengthened my resolve to continue pushing further. I consider it a significant achievement, not simply because I managed to reach this point, but because I chose to push through obstacles that had caused many others to give up long before reaching this stage.

What was once merely a Front Mission clone has gradually managed to spread its wings and travel toward its own horizon. My journey with Mecharashi has gone far beyond what I initially expected, and I am curious to see just how far I can take it.

While my current progress is still roughly ten months behind the game's overall progression, I believe that with deliberate grinding, I can close that gap within the next three to six months.

Hopefully, by then, I will have another progress report to proudly share.

No comments:

Post a Comment