Sunday, November 10, 2019

SRW V first run Complete!


 Took me two years to settle the debt, but another SRW series joining my SRW Hall of Fame! Back then i am quite hyped with SRW V since Space Battleship Yamato debuted in this game with Nadesico tagging along which could have been a great potential. However my interest on the game gradually died down as i went through the game. The amount of the wasted potentials that the roster could have, made me left SRW V to gather dust for two years. It was not until i finished Yamato 2202 that i decided to pick up this game again and finish my playthrough. Overall SRW V is another mediocre SRW Title out there, but the only difference is the amount of potentials the game wasted which might not necessarily be the Devs fault.


 For my first playthrough i picked the Female Protagonist, which use Original Mecha designed by Creator of Kurogane Linebarrel himself. For my first Playthrough i focus on Alternate Universe Gundam series, Sunrise Super Robot, Nadesico and Mightgaine as my mainline party.



SRW V is the first SRW Title that Space Battleship Yamato debuted in and obviously the expectation was high for one of the most influential title in Mecha. No Doubt Yamato is very overpowered unit that can wreck all of the enemies on the map by itself, however the treatment for this series is much to be desired.

From what i heard the owner of Yamato IP is one heck of stubborn prick which made the Yamato 2199 adaptation difficult and the series appearance in SRW V no doubt heavily affected too. The Yamato IP Owner had a big say on deciding how Yamato series are portrayed in this game including the interaction with other series. This means the potential interaction of Yamato series with other Mecha series in SRW V are severely limited. Then when it comes to Gameplay, Yamato's Ultimate Weapon, Wave motion gun is only limited in few occassions which i can't even use it on the final boss. But apparently the alternate route allows you to access the weapon more freely so i can hold my judgement until my second playthrough.



For my first playthrough, Mightgaine took the Top Ace Pilot spot which is quite easy with his sheer firepower. Akito might have snatched the first position if i had allowed him to score kills. In any case here are my Top Three in my first playthrough other than Yamato

-Mightgaine - Solid Unit with good Seishin Pool so there's that
-Black Sarena - A fast unit that can break through enemy line by himself, give him couple of Haros and he can move across the map from one end to another one
-Daitarn 3: Still hard hitting Super Robot with Def Down finisher combined with Soul Seishin

For my second playthrough i will focus on Full Metal Panic, Dynamic Pro and Universal Century units since i totally neglect them on my first playthrough. Once i am finished with SRW V i think i will be ready for SRW T which i hoped i could play it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment