Sunday, July 14, 2024

Demon Slayers: Kimetsu no Yaiba

 At long last I finished my journey with this particular popular mainstream manga after reading it halfway years ago. Back when I was still working in Hobby Industry, I was always bewildered how Kimetsu no Yaiba got plenty of merchandise support including some rather absurd one. But all in all through this reading marathon, I got to see what it's worth from Kimetsu no Yaiba. 

Overall even if I finished reading the series, Kimetsu no Yaiba is still not exactly my cup of tea but I do understand why this series is a mainstream success. To be Frank, Kimetsu as a Shonen Manga had the perfect amount of blandness to be the Cash Cow for the major Japanese corporation as it tries its best as a Shonen Genre and nothing less. I would say, that one thing that Kimetsu no Yaiba did really well is that it is really good manga if you want to see many teenagers to die a pointless dog's death which KNY provide in graphic detail.

This particular take of the direction by KNY particularly received very well by the manga main target audience who are mostly young adults. As the gory details of the young demon slayers dying horribly getting maimed here and there reflects the bleak outlook of the Japanese young adults who are burdened with immense duty to work slavishly with little gain to support their society and senior population. There were many mangas that tried to follow the same footstep with KNY like Jigokuraku or Chained Soldier, but they are likely won't be getting the same success because their quality are not just the one sought by the major backers in anime industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment