Thursday, July 25, 2024

Sluban Super Mecha Champions Brick Model Review


 I think It has been a very long time since I post anything related to this Blog Review section because nowadays I will just dump my collection Photoshoots from my spare time on Instagram. Perhaps this will be once in a blue thing or perhaps it will kickstart the revival for Realm of Darkness Review post once again. 

 So over past 4 months I have been collecting the Go-to available collectible for Super Mecha Champions which came in the form of Sluban SMC Brick Models. Out of 9 variants made, I managed to obtain 8 of them leaving Hot Steel being the only missing one and I would like to share some of my opinions about this lineup.

 Just like their Onmyoji IP, Netease never put their products into good use especially when it comes to Merchandising. As Super Mecha Champions only got Sluban Brick Models after the series being around for almost 4 years. In terms of Sculpt, Sluban did pretty good job for the SMC Mechas with the limitations of Brick Models. But China toy industry certainly still need to catch up alot for the articulation aspect. Due to the inherent Fragile nature of Brick Models, Sluban SMC products are not exactly good for playability. Don't expect any fancy dynamic pose from these because even Hurricane have some problem to stand up for anything outside basic pose.

 Out of 8 Sluban SMC Brick Models that I obtained, I would say Arthur is the best overall one being posterboy of the series after all then followed by Snow Mirage and Hurricane. However since the joints of the variants I obtained are rather faulty, my copy of Snow Mirage turns out to be the best one. I would say the weakest of the Sluban SMC variant would be Neutron Star as the effort for this product appears to be bare minimum from the Sluban side. 

Overall I would say Super Mecha Champions could go deliver more merchandise apart from Sluban Brick Models as I believe Manufacturers like Moshow, Cangdao or even Blokees could make more quality product for this series considering there are plenty of cool variants from each SMC Mechas. But at the end of the day it is up to Netease which are not exactly reliable when it comes to these matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment