Thursday, August 27, 2026

Fate/Stay Night EXQ Gilgamesh Prize Figure

 

Some Fate series Banpresto prize figures have been sitting on my shelf, gathering dust and waiting for a proper review, and I figured I'd start with Gilgamesh in his Fate/stay night casual outfit. This figure was released during the Heaven's Feel movie trilogy, so it felt only fitting to finally crack it open before working through the rest of my Fate prize figure backlog.

Considering the King of Heroes has remained one of the franchise's most popular Servants even after Fate/Grand Order has been running for years, it's somewhat surprising that his Fate/stay night casual outfit received a figure at all. Caster Gilgamesh and Ruler Gilgamesh are far more likely to receive new figure releases, making this casual version a rather uncommon choice. Banpresto took advantage of the Heaven's Feel movies to release a figure that otherwise might never have happened, and I think the timing worked out perfectly.

To be honest, the EXQ Gilgamesh is far from the best rendition of the King of Heroes, as it lacks the regal aura and commanding presence that define the oldest hero of mankind. Even so, it remains one of the most affordable figure representations of Gilgamesh available and is still a much more faithful interpretation than some of the more questionable designs released in recent years, such as the recent Honkai: Star Rail-inspired rendition.

Although I doubt Fate/Grand Order will receive many more prize figures given its declining mainstream popularity, I still wouldn't mind seeing a Summer Caster Gilgamesh prize figure someday if Banpresto or other manufacturer ever decides to make one.












No comments:

Post a Comment