Some Chinese model kits that I overlooked earlier this year turned out to be surprisingly decent end products. This one is a 1/100 scale fantasy mecha model kit with a diecast frame, manufactured by Glort as part of their Celestial Chess lineup, and is simply called the Gladiator Type I. Released in Q3 2026, the Glort Gladiator Type I is priced at 168 RMB.
I think this model escaped my attention initially because it looked too similar to Moshow's Lancelot, which I already own. However, after its release, it definitely deserves another look. Overall, the Glort 1/100 Gladiator Type I is a medieval knight-inspired mecha with additional Hellenic aesthetics, reminding me of a larger version of Achilles from Danball Senki.
The biggest selling point of this product is that it includes a cape alongside the standard sword and lance weapons, which helps it convincingly capture the image of a knight mecha. If it were not for the unfavorable RMB exchange rate this year, I would likely have purchased a copy of this model kit myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment