Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Yami's 2nd Year with Genshin Impact

 Another day another Gacha Game to be discussed and this time is no other than the famous Genshin Impact! This Triple-A Gacha game almost didn't survive by this end of this year due to ongoing burnout that I have with Genshin over past several months. But fortunately this game got yet another chance with Xiaomi Pad 6 and the latest Fontaine's Archon Quest. But seriously Android platform do really need controller support for Genshin in near future.

 Overall after playing over past 2 years, To me Genshin Impact is pretty much the lite version of World of Warcraft. The game is free to play like many other Gacha games indeed, but in order to really get somewhere, you will need the Monthly Welkin at very least which cost 5 USD. You may breeze through the in-game story contents with 4* Charas only but the journey will be half as fun without using your favorite characters and I have experienced it personally. I was able to make it to the end of Inazuma Archon Quest with Ningguang as my main, but It was not until I obtained Ganyu that I started to enjoy Genshin wholeheartedly. But seriously to this day, Genshin probably offered the best Sandbox RPG experience among F2P games

 Personally I think Genshin Impact's impressive production value would have make this series worthy to be a standalone Console Game that comes with yearly expansion since the Mobile Gacha game format had many downsides despite the advantage it offer on the table. The latest Fontaine Archon quest had proven yet again that Genshin had very good worldbuilding that might surpass Typemoon's FGO someday. However due to the tight deadlines of the update format, some of the scenes are at times executed poorly which lessen the impact of the ongoing storyline on Genshin Impact. However in the future, Mihoyo could always revisit these aspects if they ever plan to release complete console version someday.

 The gacha system in Genshin one of the more merciless out there but It is not exactly my main reason to seriously consider quitting Genshin Impact. I have been ignoring my resins and do bare minimum for around two months and may have seriously considered quitting due to Mihoyo hubristic treatment with Genshin. Among many Gacha Games, Genshin is probably the worst one when it comes to yearly anniversary Welfares which even FGO didn't neglect and this just shows that Mihoyo think their players can be treated like garbage, following whatever of their fickle whims. The built in guilt-trip mechanics in Genshin are just annoying because the dailies cannot be automated to this day and Mihoyo never bother to fix some of the more annoying daily commissions which Mondstadt NPCs being the worst offenders. Seriously they should have provided some means for players to give a message to those Lazy NPCs not to force us doing their stupid errands, would have done some PKs if those options were available.


 Over past two years, I have obtained 18 SSR Charas which is overall around half of the available SSR Rosters. Just like FGO, I mostly collect waifus in Genshin which I have obtained pretty much most of the ones that I want with Ganyu remains my most favorite character until now, she is pretty much the perfect package of a gentle-type waifu. I do miss characters like Mona, Zhongli, Xiao and Kazuha but those are not exactly my biggest priority as I can still do without. Among the SSR waifus, Eula is probably the one that require most effort as Mihoyo have mistreated her banner for more than a year but I am glad that I can get her along with her Signature weapon. By this point my focus will be gathering some SSR swords for Aether's Sword Waifu harem team which is pretty doable next year as long as I kept buying Welkins.

 With how Fontaine Archon Quest impresses me, I am willing stick around with Genshin for another few months until they have yet another blunders. Mihoyo better put some effort with QoL updates instead of kept focusing on Honkai Starrail. If I had the energy to spare. I might even design another Teapot realm using assets from the latest regions. Lastly I will really look forward to Ganyu's and Shen He's Lantern Festival new skins should the Update leak proven to be true.

Using this following Checklist Tool , here is my overall Character Progress with Genshin Impact. Not too bad I think, it is just that hopefully Genshin could someday devise a way to make good use of this enormous roster.


No comments:

Post a Comment