Monday, August 31, 2026

June - August 2026 Loot

 
 Another sumptuous collection of loot accumulated over the course of the past three months. While this may look like a massive amount of loot, the overall cost of this batch is actually lower than some of my previous hauls, without being any less valuable when it comes to the core value of the collection. Pound for pound, the quantity in this three-month batch is actually relatively modest, but it truly shines in terms of variety, as I managed to bring home an assortment of model kits, action figures, and brick models.

As always, the most expensive pieces in the haul are not necessarily the biggest ones. Takara Tomy’s Basara Prime takes the crown as the most expensive item in the lot, with figma Senshi and Cangdao Kainar following closely behind. The figma lineup in this collection is particularly interesting, as I managed to complete several sets by reuniting Raphtalia with her beloved master and assembling the full Dungeon Meshi figma party.

I also finally managed to score the Bebe Brick Model Magic Academy at a much cheaper price than I had originally expected. Considering how much I had prepared myself to spend on it, getting it for significantly less was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Along the way, I also managed to secure some older pieces that I had failed to obtain during my previous haul, including the NXEDGE Gundam Mk-V and the Galahad Mecha Musume model kit, as well as several vintage SD Gundam kits.

But the most peculiar piece in this haul has to be the Getter Robo box. It is part of a merchandise set featuring artwork from local illustrator Subjekt Zero, whose art style is simply too awesome to pass up. It may not be the most conventional addition to my collection, but that is exactly what makes it stand out among the rest of the loot.

All in all, this is yet another sumptuous banquet of collectibles that I probably won't be able to consume anytime soon, even if I try my best. Looking at the size and variety of this haul, I think it may finally be time for me to cut down on my model kit preorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment