Monday, August 24, 2026

Uma Musume Pretty Derby Kotobukiya 1/7 Grass Wonder

 

With the resurgence of Uma Musume: Pretty Derby following the Global server's debut last year, many of the older Uma Musume have finally started receiving new merchandise. After releasing Super Creek, Kotobukiya has now announced a 1/7 scale figure of Grass Wonder. Priced at 21,000 yen, the figure is scheduled for release in February 2027.

This figure depicts Grass Wonder in her signature racing uniform. Personally, I was hoping Kotobukiya would include her iconic naginata to better reflect her composed, warrior-like image, but it seems the company chose to play it safe with a more standard presentation.

Although Grass Wonder is one of the less popular members of the original starter roster, she has been my favorite waifu ever since I started playing the Japanese version of the game. Beyond her in-game personality, her real-life racehorse counterpart also enjoyed a highly accomplished racing career, making her one of the more distinguished horses represented in the franchise.

I'm seriously considering picking this one up since I'm a big Grass Wonder fan, although I'll need to see how my budget looks closer to release. Even if I end up passing on this figure, I hope Kotobukiya or another manufacturer eventually produces her alternate costume version. And if Grass Wonder ever gets a figma release, that would be an instant purchase for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment