Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Arknights Monster Hunter Collab event Afterthoughts

 6 months has passed since the Arknights MH Collab Event was announced and time goes so fast as this event already nearing its end. Personally I am happy that I am able to keep my end of bargain to support Arknights over this period of months no matter how minor the contribution is. Dubbed "Flurry to the Flame" Arknights is bringing a glimpse of MH Universe to Arknights which feature The King of the Sky "Rathalos" as Cameo. Overall this collab event quality is as good as Rainbow 6 Siege Collab back in 2021, However by this time I think Hypergryph could have optimised this sort of rare collab events even further with the experiences they have accumulated instead of just repeating the run-of-the mill stuffs.

 As a former hunter who still remain a fan of Monster Hunter series, I have anticipated the MH Collab event in Arknights from the get go as I am willing to look for avenues that offer less time consuming options for Monster Hunter Experience as I don't have as much free time with my current full time job. 

 To be honest in terms of overall experience, Arknights MH Collab is a rather mediocre one and if Capcom and Hypergryph main goal is to attract Arknights Fanbase to get into MH series, I don't think this collab event will help much. For a collab event, Arknights MH Event had the same layout with other Arknights Event which is roughly 8-10 Main Quests Stage for farming and then 8+8 Challenge Stage for extra OP which gets really stale by this time. While I am not too familiar with MH World series and Capcom's obsession to promote this particular generation of MH, It doesn't even help that the only noteworthy MH Cameo is just a Rathalos, no other wyvern as midboss or any memorable minions.

 This MH Collab event is just a glimpse on the issue that plagued Arknights this year as Hypergryph keep up its intensity to churn up events back to back and I feel they kinda went overboard with Alter Operators this year. Seriously, Arknights Gacha banner this year is particularly brutal and I just hope they don't crash and burn which will waste years of their hard work on this IP. 

 Despite rather disappointing Collab event for MH this time, I am still more than happy to give Hypergryph another chance for MH Collab Continuation considering there are still potentials to be reached. The Key is HG need to bring out more of the MH series monsters to show the charm of this series.


 Lackluster Stage events aside, I am very happy with the Collab Operators which are Kirin Yato and Rathalos Noir Corne. I am fortunate enough to get both characters for relatively low spending with Yato being Pot 2 and Noir Corne almost max Pot. Due to special occasion, I give them a priority to be reach E2  gotta work on to obtain their modules later when I have time. Hopefully my Orundum reserves will be enough to obtain Muelsysse and Summer Alters which will be coming in few months or maybe the future Destiny 2 Collab.

To be honest, If Hypergryph is willing to continue the MH Collab, there are still other Arknights Operator that could use the cool MH Hunter armors notably Blaze and Gavial Alter who are very compatible with Narga and Lagiacrus Blademaster Armor respectively. Lastly by this point I just would love Arknights to implement Stage Sweep feature for the regular stages as well considering the grind is a chore by this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment