Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Eulogy for Final Gear

 The day has arrived for the inevitable fated parting and at this moment Final Gear has officially closed its Global server and concluded pretty much all of its service! Overall I feel that Final Gear is one of those Gacha Game that once had really immense potential and could have made it into big franchise given its Mecha niche and the 2D Assets quality. However due to mismanagement and apathy from the Dev and combined with many other things, ultimately Final Gear had its opportunity ruined making it unable to seize the potential rightfully theirs. At very least, I am happy that I am committed enough to stick around with Final Gear until its last moment. Therefore In this opportunity, I would like to bid proper farewell and share some of my personal experience from my journey with Final Gear since October 2022.



 Final Gear is one of those Gacha Game that I give my utmost effort when the game is still around and do maintain maximum effort at least until I finished my UR Aita. The kind of effort that I dedicated for Final Gear is pretty much on par with my commitment toward FGO on first 3 years in which I played the game quite religiously making use all of any possible resources. Overall I would say not that many players in global server are willing to commit the time as much as I did, given the Grindy nature of Final Gear that gives little in return. Personally I don't really have the need to go this far but I believe Final Gear deserved some love even if its parent Devs are bunch of deadbeats. I never regretted the time and resources I gave to Final Gear as I do accomplished most of the things that I ever wanted to achieve in this game and could have completed some more units and URs as the Icing on top.

 By the end of Final Gear Global Server, I do manage to reach Top 3 positions on all 3 Leaderboards Category even if I have to play chase for a bit on March. But My proudest achievement on the Final Gear leaderboard would be reaching the 2nd position of Battle Point Leaderboard overthrowing this particular POS in Global server who tried to hog the BP Top Leaderboard by himself. If you do the cumulative sum for all 3 leaderboards, My account actually would be the Top 1 Global.

 Basically there is this particular Vietnamese Powergamer SOB who had 4 alt accounts hogging the Top 10 position which he doesn't deserve at all. When Final Gear still have its service running, That Guy hoards most of the free Handouts and hogs all of the 1st PVP Rank Title literally on every single PVP sessions. This is probably one of the main reason why some Top Players gradually losing interest with the Final Gear due to lack of healthy competition with shitty player like this prick freely running around while the Mods in charge have no interest to deal with the matter. Had Global server have some serious level Whale player like CN server had, this manchild who probably have some overcompensating issues in real life won't get a free pass on squatting the top positions easily. I don't care that If this guy tried to retake his undeserved position but at very least I have achieved what I wanted and could have seized his coveted 1st rank  if Final Gear had lasted abit longer and chosen to take the powergamer route too.








  Before Final Gear closes its server, these are my final composition of my 4 Main Teams that I used in order to reach the Top Leaderboard. Right until its demise, Final Gear never able to fix the in-game balance as most of the units remains obsolete as I have witnessed personally when I was still active in churning out Final Gear Mechatalk on weekly basis. At very least I am very proud that I was able to finish Ariel before Final Gear ends its server considering she is one of the best unit to upgrade to her UR. While the CN Dev seems to intend fix the game balance right until the maintenance mode announcement, They were too late despite the good intention but they are still at fault in the end because the problems that Final Gear had stems from their mismanagement.

 Regardless while it lasted, It is still undeniable that Final Gear had some really good Mecha and Waifu designs and they could have churning out more of them if the game was still allowed to continue. Right until the end, Eloise remains to be my personal favorite among many Final Gear Top Waifus even if she underperform because never obtained the UR Upgrade she deserved. Perhaps I might even consider to open commission for her waifu artwork.

 All in all, I am very thankful that Final Gear able to accompany their fans for two and half years and surviving 10 months long in Maintenance mode which is unheard of from many Gacha Games that shared similar fate. Even if Final Gear never able to reach the potential it deserved and the grind up until the end is definitely a chore. It will be a lie that I don't love and miss Final Gear just like many fans because I am willing to make this series represent 4% of Realm of Darkness 1500+ article contents. No matter how insignificant this effort may look on Hindsight, I do hope this small contribution of mine will help to connect Final Gear fans with each other. Lastly, while I and many other fans have to bid farewell with Final Gear for now, I will look forward for a chance to meet once again and hopefully that time, the Dev in charge will do things properly to make Final Gear thrived even better.

Yami no Seigi, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment