Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Voltron 3D Trendmasters Voltron

 Voltron AKA Golion gotta be one of the few Japanese Mecha series with enduring popularity to this day , owing to its success in the west just like Transformers. Given this classic mecha series is a cashcow, obviously there are plenty of Toys renditions dedicated for this guy both cheap and expensive. But in this instance, I would like to cover the one that hold memories to me. It took me years to figure out which version that I had as I only remember the playset gimmick that the Product had. But a random encounter on internet led me to Trendmasters Voltron.

Back in Late 90s, there were plenty of  US Cartoons with wonky 3D animation broadcasted worldwide like Beastwars or Starship Troopers Roughnecks. Voltron was no exception and it got a 3D Cartoon called Voltron the Third Dimension which Trendmasters made a Robot toy for it. What makes Trendmaster version of Voltron notable was its playability gimmick which resemble Micromachines playsets which bestow pilot and shooting action gimmick. Trendmaster Voltron is certainly no way superior compared to Soul of Chogokin or Blitzway version of Voltron but it is good enough to make a Kid like my past self very happy. Heck my fixation toward pilot cockpit gimmick for my Toy product is probably owed to this guy even If I never have the complete set. While I already make peace with never having Trendmaster Voltron anymore, I am still open to a suitable candidate for my Voltron collection though my current budget is not that particularly high at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment