Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Yami's Review on Monster Hunter Now

 It has been around 3 weeks since the Monster Hunter now release and as a former consummate Monster Hunter fan, I feel obligated to take a look of this Monster Hunter version of Pokemon Go. Actually I was planning to release this article earlier last month, but this instance would be actually more fitting as I have fought all of the monsters available in Monster Hunter Now first build which concluded with Rathalos. Long Story short, Monster Hunter Now passed flying color for me and I just realize now why People are crazed for Pokemon Go back then.

 Through cooperation of Niantic and Capcom utilising Augmented Reality technology integrated with Google Map. Monster Hunter Now offer more streamlined MonsterHunter experience for Mobile Phone users, providing bite sized hunts against assorted range of Monsters from this Capcom's best selling series. This game is literally a godsend for MH Vets like myself who still have fond memories with Monster Hunter but lacks the luxury of time to play their full fledged game anymore and I am happy that my hunting skill haven't rusted off badly despite left off from MH Rise 2 years ago.

 In MH Now I picked Lancelot as my Hunter Name because this is the name i used back in MHFU and for a good measures in other MH series barring MH3U. I will always be a Lance user first and foremost but considering MH Now didn't have this weapon at the current iteration, I stick with SnS which perform the task just fine.While MH Now gameplay is more simplified compared to the current MH Console game be it Iceborne or Sunbreak but the fundamentals remain the same and the Grinding part arguably feels more potentially painful because some common drops on console game is quite hard to obtain in the present state of MH Now. The only problem that I currently have with MH Now is the timer limit which have no workaround and it really gets punishing once you fight higher rarity monsters. To be honest as old school MH player, I really have hard time to get into newer MH Titles like Sunbreak which I find to be too flashy and not grounded enough especially with the Wirebug gimmicks, but Capcom at very least appear to try provide some middle ground with MH Now.

 While there are many issues that some fans have with MH Now, personally I find this game possibly have the best potential among the Monster Hunter games released up until now. Through almost 2 decades that Monster Hunter have journeyed through, this series had accumulated around 270+ main monsters but none of the Monster Hunter game able to bring the full force of this legendary series had which is why every new Monster Hunter feels overshadowed by Freedom Unite, at least for the old fans. And MH Now provide the opportunity for Capcom to bring the Might of their Monster Hunter series into full force if properly utilised and provide avenue for older hunters to relive their better memories. As long as the monetization option are not that greedy, People will keep flocking into MH Now because this game is good enough for the devoted fanbase of Monster Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment