Monday, October 21, 2019

Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative


 Early this year Bandai advertised this series to oblivion and obviously it meant having distributors like my Company to take in tons of Gunplas related to this series. I guess Gundam Unicorn is considered to be very profitable so that Bandai tried to squeeze money down further by making another spin off based from the series which of course include newtype hax. The result is we are having a movie length anime narrating the story of Unicorn and Banshee's third sibling, Phenex. As expected, Gundam Narrative have solid animation quality like Unicorn OVA with good action sequences, but other than that there are not much things out of it. If you are someone who dislike the original Unicorn OVA like me, you will likely find Gundam Narrative to be mediocre because it is mainly made to sell Unicorn Phenex complete with the OP hax that unicorn had.

I am just baffled how Bandai coerced my company to stock in model kits like Narrative A-pack in the quantity of hundreds while it only made appearance in less than two minutes. I doubt this particular notorious trend of Bandai to shove cats in the bag to the distributors will change anytime soon and i bet the recent Build Diver Re:Rise will follow the same trend too. Nevertheless i am quite curious how the Newtype Power of the Unicorn Gundam will end up incorporated to Turn A. I am very sure this won't be the end of Unicorn series as Bandai is going to have their way to milk the franchise again with Hathaway's Flash movie next year.

1 comment:

  1. I only managed to watch the free 20 mins screening on Gundam info and I do like it. Continuation to Unicorn and I’m always a fan of UC.

    ReplyDelete