Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Realm of Darkness 1000th Post



It has come a long way and now Realm of Darkness officially has reached to a significant milestone! Perhaps my younger self didn’t expect I would commit until this far when he created this blog during 9 years ago. Going through my past contents, I could say the Journey that I took with Realm of Darkness over these years have been very fruitful and therefore worthwhile. While managing this blog has been a casual hobby of mine, I will keep striving to create contents that are close to professional level.

 In any case this auspicious moment deserves some celebration! For starter there will be couple of quality reviews and I think I will be writing one or two Mechatalks post as well. Finally I think I should also put some proper blog profile for Realm of Darkness this time.

What is Realm of Darkness?

I took great interest in two genres for my hobby; Mecha and Fantasy and this Blog basically serve as the repository for anything related to those two. 

Back then during the early days of this blog, Realm of Darkness was meant as an outlet to keep my writing ability in shape during my spare time, and the easiest thing would be writing about things that you are interested in.  

However over the time as I continued my journey through mecha series, regardless how mediocre a mecha series is or how much of a wasted potential, there are always something worth salvaging. But to be honest mecha series in general are quite obscure outside Japan if it is anything other than big shots like Gundam or Macross. Therefore I wished to share the joy and passion of Mecha series and that becomes the main purpose of Realm of Darkness.

For the fantasy genre, Nasuverse occupy the main bulk of the domain in this blog. While I subscribe to Fate series nowadays, my loyalty still lies in Tsukihime. Typemoon has come a long way to reach the popularity that they have in the present. In order to maintain the position they have, Typemoon inevitably need to cater/pander to more general audiences which may lead to some mixed result. Nevertheless the way that Typemoon begins its day with Tsukihime was so beautiful which makes it worth following. 

Apart from Typemoon stuff I do highly appreciate quality JRPG which games from Falcom tend to fit the bill, in particular Ys and Eiyuu Densetsu series. 

Regarding to Realm of Darkness banner

If you are not familiar with Super Robot Wars, the two robots in this Blog’s banner are Astranagant and Dis Astranagant. Those two closely related mechas are known for being overpowered deserving the reputation to be God of Death. And both comes in mind when I decided for something to represent as the gatekeeper of this blog

Why choose Realm of Darkness as the Blog Name

 There was SRW Portal called Garden of Void or something which I used to frequent even before I created this blog. Since I intended to create a place for a mecha series no matter how obscure it was. Also at the time as a Typemoon fan, I was quite into Kara no Kyokai which is translated as Boundary of Emptiness. So while it may sound silly Realm of Darkness came into conception from a Type Moon fans that is really into mecha and then tried to create a blog

What is Yaminoseigi?

During my teenage years, yaminoseigi was my user id in some forum I was active in and certainly that kind of name came from someone who is in his Chuuni period. Yaminoseigi or actually Yami no Seigi literally means Dark Justice. Since I was into obscure mecha series during that time already that name kinda fits the persona of somebody who tried doing fool errand going against mainstream stuff.

Favorite Anime?

It is still Legend of Galactic Heroes until this day and to be honest this masterpiece makes it difficult for me to enjoy other anime normally because it sets the bar so high. So far I don’t think there is any anime that can pull of something properly at the scale of LOGH especially when it comes to Politics and Philosophy.

My Favorite mecha series?

It is still remains Five Star Stories to this day because there is no mecha design close to this series when it comes to a High Fantasy type. Mamoru Nagano might not be that productive nowadays but the stuff he created is magical when he still had the spark back in his prime.

Then in the close second is anything that follows Yutaka Izubuchi’s Aesthetics because his talents created something that had perfect unison in appearance and purpose. Over the past few years i am also quite really into stuffs made by Shinji Aramaki.

Future Plans for Realm of Darkness?

While there are many anime related websites out there, I hoped this blog will help someone to get interested into mecha series through a mecha fans perspective. To be frank if I really want to cover only mainstream stuffs in my blog, I think Realm of Darkness could have more visits than it currently had but it is not what I envisioned for.

From /m/ to /m/

The main vision of Realm of Darkness is still to create something for a mecha fans from a mecha fans. Regardless of the contents of this blog put in the future, the core passion will still lie in mecha and hopefully it will remain that way.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats bro! Thank you for telling much of yourself and how you derive to the from then till now... too much main steam so cool to stick to yr passion and something niche. We are not into number games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your word of Encouragement Dennis!

    ReplyDelete