Sunday, March 3, 2024

Metal Robot Spirits Ka Signature Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai

 In Universal Century, Hyaku Shiki has been always one of my favorite Mobile Suit including its MSV variants. Not sure where it exactly begins, but it is most likely started from SRW MX as Char get to pilot Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai as his choice unit. Then out of the blue, Bandai decided to revisit FA Hyaku Shiki Kai in glorious Diecast Metal Robot spirits but as P-Bandai unfortunately, Dubbed as Metal Robot Spirits Ka Signature, this metallic gold baby will be released for August 2024 with 24200 Yen price tag,

What makes Hyaku Shiki stands out for me is not the Mobile Suit itself as this Gold mecha represents an important aspect for one of the most iconic character in Gundam series. Personally, Quattro Bajeena is still the best version of Char Aznable in my opinion as in this incarnation, Char still able to maintain his faith toward humanity and kept his ideals intact instead of falling in despair, a self reminder for any mecha fans worth their salt to aspire to be the best version of themselves.

 As somebody who is a big fan of Armor Purge gimmick, FA Hyaku Shiki Kai easily become one of my favorite mecha and had a place in my personal Top 10 too. In terms of aesthetics, FA Hyaku Shiki is a bridge that served to close the gap between Hyaku Shiki and Sazabi. I wouldn't be surprised that someday a mecha designer could make a FA Hyaku Shiki hybrid with Sazabi and even could create a design that might surpassed the latter in its own way for Char's alternate future version.

 As much as I hate that MRS FA Hyaku Shiki end up as P-Bandai item, given my personal attachment toward this guy and Bandai did quite well on nailing the gimmick, I will commit some effort somehow to obtain this guy just like what I did with Metal Build Sirbine.

No comments:

Post a Comment