Sunday, March 10, 2024

Ultraman Blazar The Movie: Tokyo Kaiju Showdown

 I was never exactly a big follower of Tokusatsu series whether it is Kamen Rider or Ultraman despite growing up with them. But given that Tsuburaya and local business partner made a really massive effort to bring a Superb Ultraman event to promote Ultraman Blazar at one of the local Mall. This event include the premier screening of Ultraman Blazar Movie dubbed Tokyo Kaiju Showdown. What makes this screening very special is that some of the main casts of Ultraman Blazar came down themselves from Japan to make an appearance and greet the fans personally before performing on the main stage later on evening along with Earth Garon and Ultraman Blazar!

 Ultraman Blazar is probably the most recent Ultraman series that I watched since the Heisei series like Tiga, Gaia, Dyna and Cosmos. While I am not exactly the big fan of Tokusatsu, I would say the movie is a very decent watch and good one for the targeted Kids Demographics. Personally being a mecha fan as always, I am attracted to Earth Garon the most which I never expected coming from Ultraman series before I watched Blazar. Ultraman Blazar might had a rather strange synergy between Ultraman and Mecha Kaiju as a selling point but this one actually works out quite well. Given the extra dedicated effort made by Ultraman Blazar casts, I hope the best fortune for them in this series and their future ventures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment