Tuesday, June 8, 2010

1/72 VF-1J Review


Finally finished decalling my 1/72 VF-1J from Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A/J/S

Here is the boxart for the kit

The reason that i chose to modify it as VF-1J is because i am planning to get VF-1S and VF-1A before and both of them are transformable kits. i got my VF-1S from Bandai which i am going to work on it in the future while for VF-1A Hikaru Custom i get the revoltech version of it which am currently waiting to arrive.

VF-1 series are pretty small compared to their Successor but the design itself is very amazing indeed which makes this series very influential, here are the pictures:


I am really going to get the VF-1 weapon sets from Hasegawa since i don't think my Valks look good without the missiles and the pilot.


My marking is a bit unneat but at least it is still pretty acceptable


Lost the transparent part for the leg previously but managed to find it again


Compared to VF-1A and VF-1S, VF-1J seems pretty modest in decals amount and i can use the leftover decal for my 1/72 VF-1S


Comparison with 1/100 VF-1D and 1/72 YF-19, the 1/72 VF-1 really small and 1/100 VF-19 is as big as VF-1.

Overall i am satisfied with this Kit, Hasegawa never fail to impress me. Perhaps i shall show my valks collection one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment