Monday, February 19, 2024

Vintage Toys - Super Big Rescue Robot

 A little bit detour to the Blast from the past! An individual's interest and passion were mostly shaped and nurtured during their childhood and so applies for my passion toward Mecha which is still going strong to this day! In this opportunity I would like to introduce one my earliest robot toy which is called Super Big Rescue. In fact it is one that I acquired during my Kindergarten times but being a shitty brat I was, this robot eventually gone into gods know where.


 These are the best Pics that I can dig up on the internet and from the informations I can gather up, Super Big Rescue was one of those 80s Generic 800 Yen Robot toys made by a company called New Access in the era where many Japanese Toys company are still thriving and make toys for Mecha Anime of the season until the unfortunate Japan Bubble Economy crash and ruin everything. To be honest I have been looking for this toy for quite some time but it was not until recent combiner toy which probably be discussed someday soon which I encountered on some local toy stores that I begin some serious digging on Super Big Rescue which I eventually made it.

To put it simply, Super Big Rescue is a 3-parts Combiner Robot consist of Jumbo Jet, Bullet Train and Jeep Car which have respective mech form and able to combine into one Giant Robot. One of the lasting impression that I remember the most from Super Big Rescue was that the mecha had the Jumbo Jet tail as the gun which is very rad apart from having Bullet Train Front end and Jeep's car roof combined to form as a shield. An adult would be baffled by how these 3 Vehicles can came up to same size but as a kid, the cool factor is easily off the charts especially the cool illustration design of Super Big Rescue combiner which left plenty rooms for imagination and that's what matter for toys made for kids.

 At the end of the day, while Super Big Rescue might be a mere generic combiner robot toy that didn't even have its own animation show, the Toy engineering is probably cut above for its time and served as the precursor to the future Takara's Yuusha DX Toys which will dominate toys market in 90s. 

2 comments:

  1. Now this is classic :) all thing considered the chrome fromthe picture you find still looks fine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly it is! This toy do have particular charm that makes me remember it even after two decades. Also thanks for the comment!

      Delete